Wouldn’t we all love an article about ways to improve on our skill sets and make our company better? Since a Medical Office Manager is the glue that holds a practice together and makes sure everything is running smoothly, you never want him or her to fall into a category this article calls “the lazy office manager.” The author lays out seven steps your office manager can follow to avoid that distinction:
- Don’t manage solely from your desk.
- Answer phone calls, e-mails, and return left messages.
- Meet with representatives, listen, and thoroughly review their proposal for your clinic with your physician(s).
- Enforce no gossip policies.
- Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty.
- Take some time to market your practice.
- Set a good example.