Do you want to save time, interact with the community and simultaneously bring new patients to your practice? This article provides creative create “meetups” either in-person or online and how you can implement this in your office today. Meetups are informal social gatherings organized – in this case – by patients, for patients. The author suggests some interesting themes for meetups or you can come up with one on your own. Here’s a start:
- Healthy Cooking Demonstrations – team up with a local chef in the community so you both can benefit
- Insurance Question and Answer Segments
- Ask a Doctor Hour – answer any medical or health questions
- Fun Community Nights – throw some kind of event at your office for the community and possibly have a raffle or prizes to give away
- Run a Weight Loss Camp – require the patients to get a physical performed by you first and then offer weekly weigh ins
- Topic-focused webinars – focus on a topic about which your patients usually have questions or something they may want to learn more about. One example for pregnant women is any issue related to pregnancy or childbirth.
- Wellness Education – offer a variety of topics on how to stay health and/or appropriate issues such as flu season, etc.
Meetups are a great way to provide the community with useful information and introduce you to them in a fun environment.